Some customers don’t like to fill up registration form in order to place order with you. Facebook Connect enables your customers register and login with their Facebook account on your Unicart store. Adding Facebook Connect makes your customers convenient and skip the process of filling up fields in registration form. Once you activate it, as long as they already login to their Facebook account on their machine, Unicart will auto retrieve their Facebook profile information and register on your Unicart store.
Step 1: Create Facebook App
1. Firstly, you have to create a Facebook app from Facebook Developer.
2. Click on Get Started.
3. Proceed for the steps by clicking Next.
4. Choose the best description at About You.
5. Continue on Facebook Developer Apps and Create App.
6. Select Manage Business Integrations.
7. Fill in the App Display Name & App Contact Email. Thus, select the App Purpose and click on Create App ID to continue.
8. Go to Settings menu and choose Basic.
9. Insert your Unicart domain name in App Domains field.
11. Select the Category & App Icon of your online business, then Save Changes.
Step 2: Set up Facebook Connect
1. Copy App ID and App Secret (show) from Facebook app.
2. Login to Unicart Admin Panel, navigate to Facebook and choose Facebook Connect.
3. Paste the details, enable the status, click Save and Clear Cache button.
Step 3: Test Facebook Connect
1. Ensure that your computer is log in with Facebook user account.
2. Try to register an account with Facebook Login.
Congratulation! Success Facebook Connect will prompt a Facebook window with the Display Name, to request confirmation of receiving Facebook profile information.