Access: Products > Import or Export
Step 1 : Produce a well formatted data in CSV file.
In order to import according to our format, download a sample by clicking “Sample CSV” button.
Open the file via Open Office. Ensure the setting is correct especially Character Set, Separator Options and Text Delimeter. Click OK.
|name||Product name||Apple Cinema 30″|
|model||SKU / model of the product||A001|
|manufacturer||Brand name / Manufacturer name||Apple|
|status||Condition to display or not||Enable = 1, Disable = 0|
|description||Detailed clarification of this product||<p> This is testing product for CSV used.</p>|
|minimum_quantity||Minimum quantity to be purchased||5|
|subtract_stock||Manage stock inventory by deducting quantity upon each order||Yes = 1 , No = 0|
|shipping||Product required shipping or not||Yes = 1 , No = 0|
|length||(Dimension) Length of the product||100|
|width||(Dimension) Width of the product||50|
|height||(Dimension) Height of the product||20|
|weight||Actual weight of the product||1000|
|image||Image link to embed as product thumbnail||https://www… (path from image manager only)|
|image_1 …||Additional image that may increase up to image_20||https://www… (path from image manager only)|
|highlight||Highlights for product and also used for Lazada||<ul><li>Highlight 1</li><li>Highlight 2</li></ul>|
|whatbox||Whats in the Box for product and also used for Lazada||1 x Cable, 1 x Charger, 2 x Battery|
1) Before a category and manufacturer can be used to assign in CSV, it has to be created in the system earlier.
2) If the product contains multiple categories, export the Product CSV first and then use the given format to import multiple categories in different columns. (E.g. category_2, category_3)
3) Column with peach color background are mandatory fields, each mandatory field must not be empty.
4) The value in Length, Width, Height and Weight will be set according to the class in Settings > General > General Tab.
5) image or image_1 can only be used while import product as new product, updating product through import is unable to import image.
6) Avoid using “/” symbol in options as it will affect the normal operation of import process.
Save the CSV and click “Keep Current Format” button then close Open Office.
Step 2 : Import the CSV into Unicart System.
Click “Choose File” button and select the complete CSV file. Then click “Next” button at the top right corner to proceed.
From the screen, you are able to preview your data inserted with a few possibilities.
It may contain Error – Red Color or Warning – Yellow Color. At this moment, you have 2 conditions to decide:
1) Re-upload your CSV, due to a lot of error to change. (Click “Reupload CSV” button at the top right corner and repeat step 2)
2) Proceed to importing data.
1) Columns with error will be skipped, that particular product will not be added nor update.
2) Columns with warning will be imported but the particular warning field will be replaced with default value according to the rules.
Check the number of success products shown and congratulations! You had successfully performed CSV Import.
The above steps is the guide to add new products into Unicart System using CSV file format. If you wish to update product details in bulk using CSV file format, export Product CSV first, fill up every relevant field and proceed with step 2.
Upon clicking “Export” button, a small window pops up with 2 selection:
1) Export All Products – Export all products into the CSV regardless of any filter conditions.
2) Export Only These XX Matches – Export only specific products according to filter conditions.
Click “Export” button to download the CSV file.
What is Open Office? How to download?
Open Office is an open source software which mainly use to open and view CSV file in our system.